unarchive In The Box of 16.1103 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 - 1049 - Motor Mount Insert
- 1 - 1050 - Motor Mount Insert
- 1 - 1051 - Motor Mount Insert
- 1 - 1052 - Motor Mount Insert
- 1 - Installation Instructions # 17282
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts
Energy Suspension's motor mount inserts are crafted out of Hyperflex polyurethane, a material much more durable than rubber that can handle the intense weight, heat, and pressure. Designed to fill the voids built into your OE motor mounts, these inserts will drastically increase the power transfer efficiency from your engine to the wheels. Since the voids were initially put there to reduce NVH, it stands to reason that filling in those voids will have the opposite effect. Installing Energy Suspension's Hyperflex motor mount inserts may increase your NVH, but the increase to overall performance is worth it to some drivers. To top it off, all of Energy's motor mount inserts are covered by a two-year warranty handled in-house here at DST.
The OE Motor Mount
OE motor mounts are usually made out of metal with holes strategically placed to keep most of the engine's vibrations from traveling to the cab. While the OE mounts are decent for the daily driver, the weekend warrior or straight up racer will probably look for an upgrade. Purchasing entire motor mounts can be rather pricey, but what other choices do these drivers have? Energy Suspension's Hyperflex Polyurethane motor mount inserts offer the performance boost of a solid motor mount without the higher cost.
Product Reviews for 16.1103 | Motor Mount Insert | 1992-2001 Honda Prelude | Energy
- 5 Star (11)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 16.1103
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Easy install with the motor already out. Significantly reduces wheel hop, if not eliminates it almost entirely with the addition of an LSD trans. Little bit more vibration inside the car which did take a good season or two to get used to but its very manageable just takes some getting used to. Already picked up another set for my DC5 Type S swap. Highly recommend.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mitch - . Energy Suspension 16.1103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Good "
Just installed mount inserts and engine, not running yet. overall good quality, excellent fitment.verified_user Verified Buyer - Stephan Ringsmuth - . Energy Suspension 16.1103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review about shipping A+++ "
When I ordered my first set of energy suspension I thought I had chosen expedited shipping! It came so fast. They had happen to not ship a pair of inserts for me and all I did was make one phone and in 2-3 days they sent the part number I got left out on. Im giving 5 stars because although they mispackaged it is only a human error and we are all suppose to look out for each other and it was corrected immediately without hesitation. I havent had a chance to install the mounts anyway and when I do I edit my review for the product itself. So for I am a very happy customer :)verified_user Verified Buyer - Christopher Lochan - . Energy Suspension 16.1103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" great product. "
Throttle response is much better and everything is much smoother.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mikko Rantala - . Energy Suspension 16.1103 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will I experience vibrations and rattles once these are installed?
- If you want to make your daily driver handle corners like itís on rails then polyurethane bushings can give you that feeling, but you will also feel more of the road. If you put your work truck or SUV through a lot of heavy loads or rough trails poly y bushings are a more durable and long lasting aftermarket alternative. Throttle response and alignment are other areas where polyurethane shines and while it does transfer more NVH than OE rubber the performance benefits will outweigh the cost for most folks, but it is a matter of personal preference. ...see more