unarchive In The Box of 16.3118 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 - 3421 Main Bushing Halves
- 2 - 3423 Main Bushing Halves
- 2 - 3422 Main Bushing Center Piece
- 8 - 2510 Steering Knuckle Bushing Halves
- 4 - Center Metal Sleeves for 2510
- Formula 5 Prelube Tubs
- 1 - Installation Instructions #17359
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
HyperFlex Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace that faulty O.E. rubber bushing with an Energy Suspension Hyperflex control arm bushing. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A control arm bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 16.3118 | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit | Civic 01-05
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 16.3118
starstarstarstarstar" Like night and day. "
I have put quality lowering springs and sway bars on my civic and always felt like it was missing something. I found it in the front and rear control arm bushings. What a major difference in the feel and performance. Like night and day. Extremely happy with the results, just wish I had done it sooner. Thanks for the fast service!verified_user Verified Buyer - Bryan Collins - . Energy Suspension 16.3118 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Performs great "
Great bushings and my rear suspension feels great.verified_user Verified Buyer - JOHN KAMAU - . Energy Suspension 16.3118 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I recently purchased the rear control arm bushings 16.3118 for my 2001 Honda Civic and I am trying to install them myself but I am having difficulty removing the sleeve/pin on the control arm. Can you provide some suggestions to remove those flanges?
- OEM BUSHING REMOVAL •Using all-thread, nuts, and washers, remove the two bushings from the knuckle assembly (A). (see picture 1 below) •To remove the pin assembly from the front of the trailing arm (C), put the (shell side) pin in a vise. To avoid d damaging the pin, use a large adjustable wrench and rotate the pin until it comes out. You only need to remove the one pin from the sleeve, leave the other-side pin pressed in. •Using heat, remove sleeve/pin assembly from the rubber bushing. •Using a pair of pliers, remove old rubber bushing remains from the trailing arm. Remove any burrs on the inside of the trailing arm and knuckle assembly. ...see more
- Does this come with new hardware?
- No, with part number 16.3118 you will need to reuse the old hardware.