unarchive In The Box of 16.8102 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2272 - Lower Control Arm Shock Mount Bushings
- 4 - 8096 - Upper Control Arm Shock Mount Bushings
- 2 - 126.96.36.199 - .750" X .480" X 1.960" Center Sleeves
- 2 - 9.11102 - 10 Gram Tube of Formula 5 Prelube
- 1 - 17162 - Installation Instructions
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension provides grease to install these parts, but you can never have too much. Grab an extra 3-pack of grease so you can more liberally apply grease when installing.
8 ounce tub of High Performance Grease by Energy
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Front Shock Bushings | 1988-2000 Chevrolet K3500
A vehicle's struts work to maintain driving control through rough areas and compensate for the wheels excessive bouncing along the strut. When the coil spring moves up and down, the strut is needed to prevent it from bouncing around. If you have worn out shock bushings, the strut itself can shake around, and that is where the Energy Suspension 16.8102 front shock bushings come in. They help prevent the vibrations of the struts in everyday vehicles like the 1990-2001 Acura Integra and keep vehicles like the 1993-1997 Honda Del Sol stable when going down a roadway at high speeds. However, over the course of a vehicle's life, the rubber bushings will break down from various hazards, causing the rubber to hollow out and loosen its grip on the strut. These Energy Suspension shock bushings are made out of polyurethane, which provides great benefits like better handling performance and a smoother ride than with worn out rubber bushings.
What Happens to Rubber Over Time?
While driving down roads back and forth every day, vehicles like the Integra experience the everyday hazards that can break down rubber bushings, like engine chemicals, road salts, debris, dirt, and general wear and tear. This can cause the rubber strut bushings to hollow out and lose their grip on the strut. When this happens, the strut can vibrate within the coil spring and cause some front-end shimmy, poor handling, and clunking sounds from the front end. These issues require a sturdier and stronger alternative to rubber that can have a better grip on the strut.
What Are the Benefits of these Bushings?
That is why these 16.8102 front shock bushings are recommended for those experiencing these problems and wanting to see their vehicle's suspension system become more stable than it once was. These bushings are made out of polyurethane, a material that is stronger and more durable than rubber. It provides a better grip on the strut and does not let it rattle since poly is not as flexible. Also, it cannot break down as easily from the hazards that would normally break down rubber. While rubber provides more cushioning and vibration absorption, poly provides a more long-term, resilient, and efficient feel to the vehicle, improving the driver's experience behind the wheel.
So, if you are looking for an alternative to the rubber shock mount bushings that lasts longer, is more resilient, and increases performance for your Acura Integra, Honda del Sol, or another similar vehicle, pick up a set of these 16.8102 front shock bushings as soon as you can.
Product Reviews for Front Shock Bushings - Honda Civic - 16.8102
- 5 Star (59)
- 4 Star (3)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 16.8102
starstarstarstarstar" Was easy to install "
After getting the old shock bushings out of the lower control arm the new bushings were easy to install. Didnt use the upper control arm bushings due to new upper control arms have new ones in them.verified_user Verified Buyer - Dale Ferebee - . Energy Suspension 16.8102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
They holding good.verified_user Verified Buyer - Luis Quiroz - . Energy Suspension 16.8102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
No cracks, still ok.verified_user Verified Buyer - TIAIHAU TERAI AROMA - . Energy Suspension 16.8102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great quality "
Very easy to install, smooth ride, installed them 1,000 miles ago and no complaints.verified_user Verified Buyer - Christopher G - . Energy Suspension 16.8102 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What is the ID of the 16.8102 kits metal sleeve?
- The Inner metal sleeve of the 16.8102 kit is .480
- Will I need to reuse the outer shells for part number 16.8102?
- No, part number 16.8102 will not need to reuse the outer shell.
- Do you price match on part number 16.8102?
- No, we do not price match.
- I may have received a miss-pack when I received the kit 16.8102R how do I resolve this issue?
- You will need to contact your dealer you purchase your parts from. if you purchased them from us you can call us at DST 888-406-2330 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get this issue fixed.