unarchive In The Box of 3.2142 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2004 Spring Eye Bushings
- 4 - 2555 2.5 Main Spring Eye Rear
- 2 - 2109 CHEV S-10 Frame Shackle Bushings
- 2 - 2110 S-10 Frame Shackle Thrust Washers
- 2 - 15.10.276.39 0.875OD X 0.562ID X 3.000L - Metal Sleeve
- 2 - 15.10.08.39 0.750OD X 0.562ID X 3.000L - Metal Sleeve
- 4 - 9.11101 1/2 OZ. Prelube
- 1 - 17060 INSTRUCTIONS FOR 4.2124
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
Rear Leaf Spring Bushings 1982-2004 Chevy S10
Polyurethane Rear Leaf Spring Bushings from Energy Suspension will replace the original rubber rear leaf spring bushings in the '82-'04 Chevy S10 and the '91-'04 GMC Sonoma. These polyurethane rear leaf spring bushings will hold the rear axle's alignment much more securely than rubber bushings, maintaining the correct thrust angle and reducing uneven tire wear.
Leaf Springs and Thrust Angle
Rubber bushings do not age well. When you throw in the daily wear that most Chevy or GMC pickups go through, the original rear leaf spring bushings that hold up the bed are probably hanging on by a thread. If the ride seems rough in the back that's a pretty good sign that those bushings are toast. Even worse, since the rear leaf springs hold the rear axle in alignment, when those bushings go you can develop some rear steering because the rear wheels aren't pointing straight ahead anymore.
Replace or Upgrade?
To restore the ride quality and rear axle alignment, the old worn out rubber leaf spring bushings have to be replaced. You could use more rubber bushings but eventually, those will degrade like the originals, faster if you're loading down your bed with square bales or range cubes. Another option that lasts longer and performs better is Energy Suspension's Polyurethane Rear Leaf Spring Bushings.
Polyurethane is a much tougher substance than rubber and will hold the rear leaf springs of your S10 or Sonoma in place, meaning your rear axle will remain in alignment. This will reduce rear steering and keep your tires from scrubbing along the ground and wearing the edges down before their time.
Not Just Performance
Besides restoring the alignment of your rear axle, these bushings will last through the punishment that hard work, heat, and road grime that would degrade rubber bushings to the point of uselessness. If you have black-top blistering summers and ice on the roads during the winter (which we constantly enjoy here in Central Texas) then resistance to the elements is something you can appreciate. Here at DST we recognize durability when we see it, so we back Energy Suspension bushings with our exclusive lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews for 3.2142 | Rear Leaf Spring Bushings | Chevrolet S10 1982-2004
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 3.2142
starstarstarstarstar" Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - 2 1/2 Inch main eye O.D. Part Number: 3.2142 "
They have worked perfectly. I would recommend this product to anyone. It has to be installed by a professional. Otherwise you might brake something you weren't supposed to.verified_user Verified Buyer - Samuel Velez - . Energy Suspension 3.2142 - 5 out of 5