unarchive In The Box of 4.2114 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2054 main eye bushings (OD = 41.34 mm; 1.6 in ID = 75.37 mm; 2.9 in)
- 2 - 126.96.36.199 sleeve (.875� x .625� x 3.500�)
- 8 - 2051 rear spring eye and �common� frame shackle bushings (OD= 34.68 mm; 1.36 in ID= 14 mm; 2.9 in)
- 4 - 15.10.09.39 sleeve (.750� x .563� x 3.500�)
- 2 - 9.11108 grease
- 1 - 17040 installation instructions
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 2keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension provides grease to install these parts, but you can never have too much. Grab an extra 3-pack of grease so you can more liberally apply grease when installing.
8 ounce tub of High Performance Grease by Energy
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension HyperFlex Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Energy Suspension's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A leaf spring bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - Ford F350 - 4.2114
- 5 Star (6)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 4.2114
Good price. Fast delivery.verified_user Verified Buyer - James zakovec - . Energy Suspension 4.2114 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very well made "
Great product. Easy as 1 2 3.verified_user Verified Buyer - STEVE RAFELLO gunner0065 - . Energy Suspension 4.2114 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" great product "
Great product and easy installation. Definitely will be buying from them again.verified_user Verified Buyer - Bryce raduenz - . Energy Suspension 4.2114 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Satisfied. "
Wrong kit and was not able to determine correct parts needed until had the vehicle apart and the old bushing removed. Had to then wait for correct parts (1 week). After that kit went in without problems. Installed partial one side on vehicle; installed remainder with springs and shackles off of the vehicle which made the install immensely easier. Worthwhile installation; truck rides noticeably better.verified_user Verified Buyer - Karl R Spring - . Energy Suspension 4.2114 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- How do I tell if I have the Common or the molded frame shackle bushings?
- The Common bushings will have an outer metal shell around the rubber bushing, this will mean that there is metal to metal on the eyelet, the molded will not have this outer metal shell, so it will have the rubber molded to they spring eyelet it self.
- Does part number 4.2114 fit my 1988 ford f150 2wd?
- No, part number 4.2114 is for the 4wd only.
- I lost my inner sleeve that goes with the smaller bushings in part number 4.2114. Is there any way I can order just those sleeves instead of the whole kit again?
- Yes, you can order just the smaller inner sleeve from kit number 4.2114. It would be part number bulk-15.10.09.39 for those sleeves.
- What is the difference between part number 4.2140 for the molded in frame shackle bushings and part number 4.2114 with the common frame shackle bushings?
- The molded in shackle bushings means that you do not have an outer shell on your oe bushings now and the common frame shackle bushings means that you do have the outer shell.
- What's the difference between common frame shackle bushing and molded In frame shackle bushing?
- If you were able to remove the old bushings without cutting them out of the spring eyes or the shackles they are common frame bushings. Molded in would mean the bushing material is bonded to the inside of the spring eyes or shackles and you would hav ve to dig out the old ones by cutting the material away from the inside of the eyes. ...see more