unarchive In The Box of 4.2140 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2054 - Rear Leaf Spring (OD= 1.360 in, ID= .750 in)
- 4 - 2051 - Rear Spring Shackle (OD= 1.625 in, ID= .870 in)
- 4 - 2169 - Spring Bushing(OD= 1.250 in, ID= .750 in)
- 2 - 220.127.116.11 (.875 x .625 x 3.500)
- 4 - 15.10.09.39 (.750OD x .562ID x 3.500L)
- 1 - 9.11102 - 10 Grams Grease Package
- 1 - 17040 - Instruction for Spring Eye Bush
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension HyperFlex Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Energy Suspension's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A leaf spring bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - Ford F350 - 4.2140
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (1)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 4.2140
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
I got these for my ford f250 that i mainly use for work truck constantly going off road to a job or hauling or towing something. these bushing are solid they take a beating, the liquid salt the state uses for the road in winter dont phase them, the occasional off road abuse, and pulling a trailer the truck still feels like i just installed them. The bushing were easy to install the hard hard part was to get the old beat up stock ones out. Im going to be undergoing a ground up rebuild on my truck next year Ill be spending some money with these guys on the rest bushings.verified_user Verified Buyer - Rick - . Energy Suspension 4.2140 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great product. "
Great product easy to install once the old parts are out. The packages need to be labeled better, I ordered kits for two trucks and had to do some research and guess work since only some of the packages had numbers on or in them.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jon D Pontsler - . Energy Suspension 4.2140 - 5 out of 5
starstarstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" Nice kit if it fit. "
The kit was purchased for a 95 Ford Bronco. The shackle bushings and the rear leaf spring eyelet fit fine. The forward eyelet on the rear leaf spring is much larger than the bushing provided. Some of the late model Broncos with a tow package came with different leaf springs. I contacted Energy Suspension about the problem and they had no other bushing that would fit. They make no effort to warn the buyer that their kit may not fit some Broncos. Now Im stuck with a torn apart Bronco that is my daily driver. By the way, the bushing you need for the forward eyelet is ford part F4TZ-5781-B. Good luck finding it, its discontinued. Editors Note. There is no option for the trailer tow package for this spring bushings. When working with trailer tow, handling or aftermarket springs always check the diameter of the spring eyes to insure fitment.verified_user Verified Buyer - Thomas Kane - . Energy Suspension 4.2140 - 2 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Can you purchase individual pierced from the kit 4.2140?
- yes, you can you can add bulk- part number and you will be able to find on the site. or you can call us at 8888-406-2330 for pricing
- How do I tell if I have the molded in frame shackles or the common shackles for my 93 F350 4x4 pickup?
- Yes, part number 6802 will fit the 93 f350 4x4.
- What is the difference between the molded in frame bushings and the common type bushings?
- The molded in frame bushings do not have a shell on the oem bushings you have now and the common type bushings do have an outer shell.