lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
HyperFlex Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace that faulty O.E. rubber bushing with an Energy Suspension Hyperflex control arm bushing. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A control arm bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 4.3163 | Thunderbird | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (10)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 4.3163
starstarstarstarstar" great product and tough "
This is a very hard to find application, product was great, fit and in project now.verified_user Verified Buyer - Milan McMannis - . Energy Suspension 4.3163 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Achieved the desired results. "
I feel entirely less wobble.in the rear IRS subframe. These were installed on a 97 mercury cougar. Poly material is harder than rubber so dont expect super smooth and plush ride. However you will feel your tires staying planted cornering. I gave it a 4 because there is always room for improvement.verified_user Verified Buyer - anthony speciale - . Energy Suspension 4.3163 - 4 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" very pleased .. "
Great part at a good price. I have got a lot of poly bushings on my car and I am very happy with their performance. I can feel more of what my car is doing. I will purchase more as I rebuild my suspension.verified_user Verified Buyer - chris grube - . Energy Suspension 4.3163 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
I am impressed with the ease of installation. It was an easy install. However I cant provide much useful info. The parts at this point only have about 500 miles on them and I am very happy.verified_user Verified Buyer - Kenneth R. Liden - . Energy Suspension 4.3163 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I am trying to find rear spindle bushings. Do you have this part?
- At this time none of our manufacturers have this part for your Ford Mustang 2001
- Will this cover both sides?
- Yes, part number 4.3163 Will Cover the Left and Right Side