unarchive In The Box of 5.3131 keyboard_arrow_down
- 3302-qty 4
- 3301-qty 4
- 3300-qty 4
- 3303-qty 4
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
HyperFlex Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace that faulty O.E. rubber bushing with an Energy Suspension Hyperflex control arm bushing. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A control arm bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 5.3131 | 4WD Ram 1500 Front Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (6)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 5.3131
starstarstarstarstar" Perfect fit "
Dramatically improved steering and ride quality (transformed 14 year old vehicle into new ride quality).verified_user Verified Buyer - EarlBryner - . Energy Suspension 5.3131 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Good Product, But..... "
The part #/ application was wrong (too big) for my 99 Ram 1500 4wd. Called and they sent me part #5.3120 which fit perfectly. Took 8 hrs. with a hoist and press. hard part was pressing old bushing out without damaging arms. Worth the effort,big improvement on steering and handling. Don not try it with out a press. Buying new arms with bushings installed may be worth the extra money.verified_user Verified Buyer - joe - . Energy Suspension 5.3131 - 4 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Quality parts "
The Installation was easy. My front end is now solid. This was the final fix to my steering issues. The only hitch was a rusted cam bolt. A 5" cut off blade took care of that.verified_user Verified Buyer - Norman K Enlow - . Energy Suspension 5.3131 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" A quality product at a great price "
Finally got parts installed. They really tightened up the front. Thanks for a great product.verified_user Verified Buyer - JERRY CHAMBERS - . Energy Suspension 5.3131 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will the 5.3131 come with the upper and lower control arm bushings for the left and right side of my 01 Ram 1500 4x4?
- The 5.3131 will include the left and right, upper and lower control arm bushings for your 01 Ram 1500 4x4 pickup.
- Will the 5.3131 fit in aftermarket control arms on a 02 Ram 2500 4x4?
- The 5.3131 is for OE stock use, and is not guaranteed to fit for aftermarket control arms on the 02 Ram 2500.
- Am I able to buy just the lower control arm bushings from the 5.3131 kit? I do not need the whole thing.
- Yes, you can purchase just the lower control arm bushings from the 5.3131 kit.