add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 3keyboard_arrow_down
DST Silver Color - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Whiteline Gold Color Plated - 3 Year Warranty
Energy Suspension provides grease to install these parts, but you can never have too much. Grab an extra 3-pack of grease so you can more liberally apply grease when installing.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, which is a much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long lasting part on your sway bar with Energy Suspension's sway bar bushings. Energy Suspension's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Be sure to use Formula 5
The sway bar bushing sees a lot of action, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 5.5168 | Front Sway Bar Bushings - 35 mm | Dodge Dakota 4WD
- 5 Star (7)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (1)
Energy Suspension 5.5168
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
No problems to write about. Parts working fine and fit great.verified_user Verified Buyer - Darin Johnson - . Energy Suspension 5.5168 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" A quality made product "
This product is made better than the OEM part that was used from the factory. The fit and the quality was better and I had no trouble changing the old ones out and installing the new ones. I feel the difference and you can see the difference when you go into a curve. These are well worth money.verified_user Verified Buyer - Tim Robertson - . Energy Suspension 5.5168 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" great product "
These bushings have been great. I have not heard a single squeak since I installed them.verified_user Verified Buyer - eric russell bates - . Energy Suspension 5.5168 - 5 out of 5
starstar_borderstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" Review 2 Years Later "
Hi actually the part did not work out well at all and wound up buying a new set of the factory bushing. After two sets of the moog and one set of the Energy Suspension I gave up on the poly bushings. My problem is that they seem to shrink and would start to loosen up and then would make noise. So I actually did not even make it to two years.verified_user Verified Buyer - David Martin - . Energy Suspension 5.5168 - 1 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I have installed the kit 5.5168 but the sway bar bushings seem to be too big, did I install this wrong?
- Sway bar bushings can be a fickle thing, as most vehicle manufacturers don't have a stock size. You should measure your bar diameter to know what bushing size you need. Most likely you have a smaller diameter bar than what the bushings are made for , , these bushings being only fitted for a 35mm bar. ...see more
- Will part number 5.5168 fit my 2003 Dodge Dakota 4wd?
- Part number 5.5168 will fit the 2003 Dodge Dakota 4wd only if you have the 35mm sway bar. You will need to measure first to know for sure.