unarchive In The Box of 7.3116 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 - 8317 - Large Control Arm Bushings
- 4 - 8318 - Medium Control Arm Bushings
- 12 - 8309 - Small Control Arm Bushings
- 2 - Center Middle Sleeves for 8317
- 4 - Center Middle Sleeves for 8318
- 12 - Center Middle Sleeves for 8309
- 4 - Small Formula 5 Prelube Tubs
- 1 - Installation Intructions - #73116
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
HyperFlex Control Arm Bushings
A control arm bushing plays a vital role in a suspension. Replace that faulty O.E. rubber bushing with an Energy Suspension Hyperflex control arm bushing. These polyurethane bushings provide the longevity and performance needed to maximize a suspension's efficiency. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a firmer bushing than the O.E. Not only does this increase the longevity of the bushing but gives the suspension a boost in handling performance. With a firmer bushing, there will be a slight increase in NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), but most drivers prefer the boost in performance in spite of that.
The Faulty O.E.
As your suspension travels, a rubber control arm bushing is repeatedly stretching and flexing. After a while, the center sleeve begins to sag and your suspension alignment is throw out of whack. The sagging will go on until the rubber fails completely.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A control arm bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 7.3116 | 300ZX | Rear Control Arm Bushing Replacement Kit
- 5 Star (1)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 7.3116
starstarstarstarstar" Excellent quality and great instructions "
I installed these on a 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT and they made a dramatic improvement to the handling and overall ride comfort. Installation was tricky on some of them, as they are hard to press into the suspension components, but use plenty of lube and it will eventually work out. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the product.verified_user Verified Buyer - Tracy Willett - . Energy Suspension 7.3116 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar_border" Excellent "
Definite improvement in handling and best investment to make if you want your car to handle better than new. These little guys definitely eliminate the slop and weird clunks you feel during acceleration and deceleration. My only quirk is a lot of folks who will buy these pieces are hobbyists on a budget (like me). What I could suggest is somewhere down the road make a two piece design for ease of installation. The lips on the outside of the bushings make it REALLY difficult to press in. I ended up just cutting them in half and slipping them in. As long as the cuts are truly half, there shouldn't be any problems with the bushings wobbling around. 2000 miles and a few track days later - still no issues to date. Otherwise EXCELLENT PARTS!verified_user Verified Buyer - Robert Aragon - . Energy Suspension 7.3116 - 4 out of 5