unarchive In The Box of 8.10103 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 - 10031 - Main Rack Bushing (with slit cut for easier installation)
- 2 - 10032 - Small Bushings
- 2 - 10041 - Medium Bushings
- 1 - Center Metal Sleeve for 10032
- 1 - Center Metal Sleeve for 10041
- 1 - Installation Instructions #17497
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Rack and Pinion Bushings 2001-04 Tacoma 4WD + 1996-2002 4Runner 2/4WD
These Polyurethane Rack and Pinion Bushings from Energy Suspension will replace the original rubber bushings and reduce looseness in the steering wheel and general slop in the steering for the life of your 96-02 2/4WD 4Runner or 01-04 Tacoma 4WD.
Here in Stephenville, TX 4WD vehicles are all over the place and people love seeing just how far their 4x4s can go. Harsh treatment takes it's toll on the rubber bushings in your Toyota and the rack and pinion bushings that hold your steering components are no exception.
Steering Rack Bushings
The original rack and pinion bushings in your 4Runner or Tacoma are made of rubber and hold your steering mechanism in place while absorbing vibration between the road and the steering wheel. But that rubber can easily degrade due to weather, road grime, and even regular everyday wear. Once the bushings are worn out your steering can become loose or even jerk to the left or right. Now you could replace those rubber bushings with more rubber bushings that may have about the same lifespan as the originals did but there is a longer lasting solution.
Durable and Long-Lasting
Energy Suspension's Polyurethane rack and pinion bushings don't degrade like rubber and can last the life of your vehicle. A claim we back up with a DST exclusive lifetime warranty.
Poly bushings do transfer more vibration through the steering column than rubber, but that is the price of a long lasting secure connection for your rack and pinion. Some folks want to eliminate as much steering wheel vibration as possible, but just know that you'll be replacing rubber bushings again if you plan on owning your vehicle for a long time.
Complete Bushing Replacement Kits
If the rubber rack and pinion bushings on your 4Runner or Tacoma need to be replaced then odds are some of your other suspension bushings are showing signs of wear as well. If you like the idea of more durable bushings throughout your Toyota then Energy Suspension offers Complete Bushing Replacement Kits for...
These kits will replace all the rubber suspension bushings in your Toyota with Energy Suspension polyurethane and are backed by the DST lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews for 8.10103 | Toyota Tacoma and 4Runner Rack and Pinion Bushings Kit
- 5 Star (92)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (1)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 8.10103
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Everything I have replaced under my Tacoma has been Energy suspension products. They are the only company I trust from where I off-road my vehicle often and it still sees daily driving up to 40 miles a day. I have nothing but praise for these products.verified_user Verified Buyer - lance abbott - . Energy Suspension 8.10103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very nice and perfect fit "
They fit great and was super easy to change very durable.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jacob Parker - . Energy Suspension 8.10103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
The bushings have made a noticeable difference. They were a little tuff to install but worth it. Used a vise grip quick grip to hold in place for 5 minutes till they didnt want to pop out. Thumbs up...!verified_user Verified Buyer - Russ Renz - . Energy Suspension 8.10103 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
One year later 10,000 miles later and everything is perfectverified_user Verified Buyer - Bobby C Lambert - . Energy Suspension 8.10103 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Will part number 8.10103 fit my 1995 Toyota 4runner? Because I am pretty sure the 95 and 96 are the exact same things.
- No, part number 8.10103 will not fit the 1995 Toyota 4runner.
- Will i need to purchase two of these for the steering rack bushings?
- Only one set is needed for your vehicle
- Does PN: 8.10103 fit a 2015 4wd v6 toyota tacoma?
- Unfortunately no, fitment only shows 2001 - 2004 on the Toyota Tacoma
- Will part number 8.10103 fit my 2001 pt cruiser?
- No, part number 8.10103 will not fit the 2001 pt cruiser.