unarchive In The Box of 8.3132 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 of 3296
- 4 of 3297
- 4 of 15P1070839 (.750 X .563 X 2.125)
- 4 of 15.03.12.39 (2.00 OD X .562 ID X .120)
- 2 of 9.11107 1oz Grease
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
question_answer Ask us a Question
Front Control Arm Bushings for Toyota 4Runner 1996-02
Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings 1996-2002 4Runner 2/4WD
Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings from Energy Suspension will replace the worn rubber control arm bushings in your 1996-2002 2/4WD 4Runner resulting in even tire wear and reliable camber during a turn for the life of your 4Runner.
Control Arm Bushings and Camber
If the bushings holding your front control arms are worn out then the alignment of your wheel (Camber) can be affected. This is even more dramatic in a turn as the weight of the car shifts to the outside, when flexing rubber bushings allow a lot of movement in the control arm, causing your tire to ride more on its edge. This can cause uneven tire wear and you might even notice your 4Runner pulling to the side while driving straight.
The Durability Question
Those original rubber bushings are great at absorbing some vibrations from the road, but they do this by flexing. Now when you think that these bushings are responsible for holding your tires in a straight up and down position you might wonder, "How much flexing should be going on?" Not only this but the flexing along with motor oils, heat, and road salt cause rubber bushings to degrade.
If you regularly find yourself on back roads like those around Stephenville, TX then rubber bushings will undoubtedly become hollowed out and your 4Runner's front wheel alignment will shift. Now you could just get more stock rubber bushings, but what if there was a longer lasting solution?
Poly Vs Rubber
Energy Suspension's polyurethane front control arm bushings are much more durable than rubber and twist in the control arm's housing rather than flexing which holds wheel camber to a degree that worn rubber bushings can't maintain in a sharp turn.
The most common complaint about polyurethane bushings is that they allow more noise and vibration to pass from the road to the driver. Since polyurethane is a more durable material, some increase in NVH is unavoidable but Energy Suspension uses a durometer (hardness level) of polyurethane that is durable but with enough give to absorb some of the harshness of the road.
Complete Bushing Replacement Kits
If the rubber front control arm bushings on your 4Runner need to be replaced then odds are some of your other suspension bushings are showing signs of wear as well. If you like the idea of more durable bushings throughout your Toyota then Energy Suspension offers Complete Bushing Replacement Kits for...
These kits will replace all the rubber suspension bushings in your Toyota with Energy Suspension polyurethane and are backed by the DST exclusive lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews for Front Control Arm Bushings for Toyota 4Runner 1996-02
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 8.3132
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Once I cleaned the old bushings installation were super easy! Way better ride after everything was done.verified_user Verified Buyer - Mark felan - . Energy Suspension 8.3132 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Very good parts I am very happy.verified_user Verified Buyer - GEORGE CHAPPELL - . Energy Suspension 8.3132 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" High Quality "
These are a great solution for the common problem with the OEM rubber tearing when retaining the original control arms with my mild 3 in lift for the 3 gen 4 Runner. It takes some effort to complete the job but the results are worth it. Thanks Energy Suspension!!verified_user Verified Buyer - Tobias King - . Energy Suspension 8.3132 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Is this kit 8.3132 for upper or lower?
- The Kit 8.3132 is for both upper and lowers. It complete your front end.
- Will part number 8.3132 replace my upper and lower control arm bushings?
- Yes, part number 8.3132 includes both the upper and lower control arm bushings and will do the left and right side.
- Hi, I have a noobie question about front control arm bushings. I see that they come in sets of 4 does that mean that is one side of the vehicle or are they for both sides
- To answer your Question, the kit 8.3132 come is a set of eight bushings which cover the left and right side of vehicle. Here is what come in kit: 4 of 3296 4 of 3297 4 of 15P1070839 (.750 X .563 X 2.125) 4 of 15.03.12.39 (2.00 OD X .562 ID X .120 0) 2 of 9.11107 1oz Grease Also on Instructions shows where to place each bushings http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/installation_instructions/energy_suspension/8.3132.pdf ...see more
- Can I order the outer shells for kit number 8.3132?
- No, we do not have the outer shells offered for kit number 8.3132.
- Can you purchase individual pieces from the kit 8.3132?
- Yes, you sure can. All you have to do is type bulk- then the piece number to the search bar to purchase the individual piece within the kit.