unarchive In The Box of 8.3133 keyboard_arrow_down
- 8 of 03P03579 - Rear Lower Inner Bushing
- 4 of 03P03580 - Rear Lower Outer Bushing
- 4 of 03P03581 - Rear Upper Inner Bushing
- 8 of 03P03582 - Rear Upper Outer Bushing
- 4 of 184.108.40.206 - Sleeve (.750 X .480 X 2.125)
- 4 of 5.10.352.39 - Sleeve (.875 X .562 X 2.330)
- 2 of 9.11107 - 1oz Grease
- 1 of 17P17662 - Installation Instruction
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
Rear Control Arm Bushings - Toyota 4Runner - 8.3133
Rear Control Arm Bushings 1998-2002 4WD 4Runner
These Polyurethane Rear Control Arm Bushings from Energy Suspension will replace the original, soft rubber bushings in your 98-02 4Runner 4WD, holding a steady camber angle during turns and restoring even rear tire wear.
Smooth or Secure?
The original control arm bushings on your 4Runner are made of rubber and connect the control arm to the frame. Rubber is an excellent vibration isolator because it is soft and provides a smooth ride, but the cost of this smooth ride is a weak connection between the control arm and the frame. Those bushings flex and can allow wheel alignment to change as the suspension travels, especially during a hard turn, reducing traction when you really need it. Not only this, but rubber wears down relatively easily and when these bushings degrade there is even more play in the control arms.
If your rear wheels have a positive or negative camber you will find yourself replacing tires sooner than you expected. This is because the tire is tilted and riding on its edge instead of the full contact patch like it was designed to do.
In extreme cases this misalignment caused by worn out rear control arm bushings can result in rear steering and detract from the amount of control you have over your 4Runner. Whether you're on the trail or the interstate tire alignment is a big deal. If you're running some knobby off-road tires on your 4Runner then the contact with the road is already reduced so you don't want a tilted wheel causing traction loss. Even road tires with several degrees +/- camber can lose a significant amount of contact patch area.
+ and -
Energy Suspension manufactures their rear control arm bushings with polyurethane which is a much stronger material than rubber. Polyurethane will hold its shape much longer than rubber and keeps the alignment of your rear wheels at a steady angle. It isn't affected by heat, road grime, or road salts, all of which begin eating away at rubber bushings.
Since the connection between your wheels and the chassis is firmer with polyurethane, more vibration will be transferred to the cabin of your 4Runner. This is a downside but you'll have to decide between trading an increase in NVH to more performance and longevity. Speaking of longevity, these bushings are covered by our DST exclusive lifetime warranty.
The Long-Lasting Solution
If you find yourself needing to replace one of the original rubber bushings then several other probably are not far behind. When a 4Runner receives regular maintenance they are known for easily passing a quarter of a million miles on the odometer. If you want suspension bushings that can match that kind of stamina then you should check out Energy Suspension's Complete Bushing Replacement Kits for...DST exclusive lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews for Rear Control Arm Bushings - Toyota 4Runner - 8.3133
- 5 Star (7)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (1)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 8.3133
starstarstarstarstar" What a diffrence!! "
Was the final piece of the puzzle to figuring out my suspension wander and mystery clunk. If you have not replaced your rear control arms or bushings on your 3rd gen DO IT. I guarantee you they are junk and need to be replaced. One other thing I can guarantee is that they will be a total pain to replace. Removing the arms themselves is not difficult at all, but pressing the old bushings out was not easy. It may have gone easier if I had a specific bushing press, but I do have the old Snap-On BJP1, and that wasnt enough. had to take it to the hydraulic press and scare me with the amount of force it took to get those bad boys to move. Much more difficult than the front lower control arms. This kit was a DREAM to install after getting those old ones out. No instructions included, but you dont need them, they just pop together like a nice little kit, the lubricant it came with is the highest quality I have ever seen in a pack-in. My expectations were more than exceeded, I recommend it to everyone.verified_user Verified Buyer - Kyle A Mandes - . Energy Suspension 8.3133 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Easy installation! "
They work great dont have any body roll anymore while driving on the highway.verified_user Verified Buyer - Saul Gutierrez - . Energy Suspension 8.3133 - 5 out of 5
starstarstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" Review 2 Years Later "
I just received an email asking about a 2 year review. At the 1year point these bushings failed!! The rear control arms had so much play that it was actually dangerous to drive. I called Suspension.com and after many phone conversations and emails with pics including pics to show the wear. The bottom line is Suspension.com DID replace the bushing however I had to purchase another set while all the warranty issues were being resolved which took about a month to correct. So I now have the replacements still in the bag in the garage.verified_user Verified Buyer - Dave Eves - . Energy Suspension 8.3133 - 2 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
They are reliable and take off-road stress.verified_user Verified Buyer - shebl El Khayatt - . Energy Suspension 8.3133 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Is the 8.3133 for both sides, All 4 control arms, or just for one side?
- The 8.3133 will include the left and right upper and lower control arm bushings ( all 4 control arm bushings replacements) for your Vehicle.
- What part of the bushing on part number 8.3133 do I need to grease?
- You will need to grease the outside of the bushings, from flange to flange, and then you will need to grease the inner sleeve for the bushings. Anywhere that will come in contact with metal, you will need to grease.
- Will the 8.3133 fit on my 97 4Runner?
- Unfortunately the 8.3133 is only fitted for the 98-02 4Runners. We can not suggest these to fit for the 97 4Runner unfortunately.
- Is there a way for me to just one or two of the Rear upper control arm bushings out of this kit? I lost a bolt while driving and lost bushings along the way, and I do not want to purchase the whole kit again.
- We do offer just the pieces out of Energy kits. If you wold give us a call at 888-406-2330 our reps will be able to help you further.
- Is part number 8.3133 for the upper and lower control arm bushings or just the lowers?
- Part number 8.3133 is for both the upper and lower control arm bushings.
- Am I correct that this is all bushings for upper and lower rear arms ?
- Kit 8.3133 includes: Rear Lower Inner Bushing Rear Lower Outer Bushing Rear Upper Inner Bushing Rear Upper Outer Bushing