unarchive In The Box of 8.5117 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 - 5378 - 26mm Sway Bar Bushing
- 4 - 4806 - Heavy Duty Universal End Link Grommet
- 4 - 15.03.19.39 (1.250 OD X .400 I.D. X .110)
- 1 - 9.11103 - 6 Grams Mini Grease Package
- 1 - 17039 - Instructions Stabilizer/Track Arm
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 3keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, which is a much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long lasting part on your sway bar with Energy Suspension's sway bar bushings. Energy Suspension's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Be sure to use Formula 5
The sway bar bushing sees a lot of action, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 8.5117 | Front Sway Bar-Endlink Bushings - 26mm | Toyota Tacoma
- 5 Star (7)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 8.5117
Great partsverified_user Verified Buyer - Brandon McLaughlin - . Energy Suspension 8.5117 - 5 out of 5
Installed these sway bar bushing along with the steering rack bushings and what a difference it made on my 96 Tacoma! No more lose, sloppy steering, almost like new. Also eliminated the vibration I was getting from the front when braking. Great product and fast shipping! if your truck is older would highly recommend doing both the sway and steering bushings at the same time since easier to do the steering bushings with the sway removed. You will not be disappointed with the results!verified_user Verified Buyer - Darren Squillante - . Energy Suspension 8.5117 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" excellent "
This is the best.verified_user Verified Buyer - john j favaloro - . Energy Suspension 8.5117 - 5 out of 5
Easy to install. No problems so far.verified_user Verified Buyer - Kevin Padgett - . Energy Suspension 8.5117 - 4 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I am getting mixed results on whether I should be ordering the 26mm, part number 8.5117R or the 27mm, part number 8.5118R for my 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD. Which one do I need?
- You will need to measure your sway bar to know for sure which size you have. Here is a link to our blog explaining how to do so, https://www.suspension.com/blog/how-to-measure-a-sway-bar-6-different-ways/