unarchive In The Box of 8.5118 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 - 5365 - 27mm Sway Bar Bushings
- 4 - Endlink Grommets
- 4 - Endlink Washers
- 1 - 9.11108 Prelube Tube
- 1 - Installation Instructions # 17039
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 3keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, which is a much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long lasting part on your sway bar with Energy Suspension's sway bar bushings. Energy Suspension's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Be sure to use Formula 5
The sway bar bushing sees a lot of action, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 8.5118 | Front Sway Bar and End Link Bushings - Tacoma, 4Runner
- 5 Star (26)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (1)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (1)
Energy Suspension 8.5118
starstarstarstarstar" High quality "
Fit just as expected, great handling.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jose Luis Ruiz Colin - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstar_borderstar_border" Not impressed. "
Polyurethane parts are too hard to use in suspension is a stock ride is desired. I ordered these anyway to see if they would make a difference, but so far I cant tell.\n\nWhen I installed the four link bushings I had a hard time getting them over the threaded stud. As I write this I cant remember if I had the trucks weight on them or not but I did manage to install them. No comment on the two sway bar bushings, they appear to be okay.verified_user Verified Buyer - Clayton Yancey - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 3 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great easy to install "
Great product didnt take no time to install maybe 30 min thats with one of the bolts breaking and having to drill it out and tap the mount but I seem to be able to notice a little better feeling in my steering and the way my truck handles overall still have to do my rack and pinion bushings hope to be able to make a noticeable difference there also great bushings for oem replacement that last.verified_user Verified Buyer - Cameron Hunsucker - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
They are still working good.verified_user Verified Buyer - Eric Hatfield - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I purchased the 8.5118 from another site and it does not fit on my bar. do you offer the correct sway bar bushing for my pickup?
- Sway bar bushings can be a tricky thing, since most vehicle manufacturers don't have a stock size on their vehicles. It is best to measure your sway bar diameter (http://www.suspension.com/blog/how-to-measure-a-sway-bar-6-different-ways/) so that you u know you are getting to correct bushing. ...see more
- What size is my front sway bar? I have a 99 Tacoma SR5 4WD with the TRD Offroad package. V6
- Much to the dismay of many buyers - almost all automotive manufacturer's used several different size sway bars in their vehicles. There is no rhyme or reason to this practice. It is random and different between cars of the same make, model, year etc. . The ONLY way to ensure you're buying the correct size bushings for your car is to actually physically measure the sway bar. ...see more