unarchive In The Box of 8.5118 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 - 5365 - 27mm Sway Bar Bushings
- 4 - Endlink Grommets
- 4 - Endlink Washers
- 1 - 9.11108 Prelube Tube
- 1 - Installation Instructions # 17039
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 3keyboard_arrow_down
DST Silver Color - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Whiteline Gold Color Plated - 3 Year Warranty
Energy Suspension provides grease to install these parts, but you can never have too much. Grab an extra 3-pack of grease so you can more liberally apply grease when installing.
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, which is a much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long lasting part on your sway bar with Energy Suspension's sway bar bushings. Energy Suspension's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Be sure to use Formula 5
The sway bar bushing sees a lot of action, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 8.5118 | Front Sway Bar and End Link Bushings - Tacoma, 4Runner
- 5 Star (22)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (1)
Energy Suspension 8.5118
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
These have worked out well and would definitely recommend.verified_user Verified Buyer - Russ Renz - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" excellent quality "
The bushings fit perfectly and work as expected - quality is excellent.verified_user Verified Buyer - William Cannings - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 5 out of 5
starstar_borderstar_borderstar_borderstar_border" Review 2 Years Later "
Could not install on my truck. The bushings need to be sanded/cut down in order to fit. I would have returned them but they have that nasty grease all over them and the shipping cost to send back made it a deal breaker. So the parts are sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Editors Note: Before purchasing sway bar bushings you need to measure your sway bar. Some vehicles have as many as 2-5 different sway bars. Even when there is only one choice, always measure your sway bar to ensure fitment.verified_user Verified Buyer - Kevin J Welsh - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 1 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very satisfied "
The bushings took care of my cracking and popping sway bar noise and I was very happy with the customer service and quality of parts!verified_user Verified Buyer - Gerrad - . Energy Suspension 8.5118 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I purchased the 8.5118 from another site and it does not fit on my bar. do you offer the correct sway bar bushing for my pickup?
- Sway bar bushings can be a tricky thing, since most vehicle manufacturers don't have a stock size on their vehicles. It is best to measure your sway bar diameter (http://www.suspension.com/blog/how-to-measure-a-sway-bar-6-different-ways/) so that you u know you are getting to correct bushing. ...see more
- What size is my front sway bar? I have a 99 Tacoma SR5 4WD with the TRD Offroad package. V6
- Much to the dismay of many buyers - almost all automotive manufacturer's used several different size sway bars in their vehicles. There is no rhyme or reason to this practice. It is random and different between cars of the same make, model, year etc. . The ONLY way to ensure you're buying the correct size bushings for your car is to actually physically measure the sway bar. ...see more