unarchive In The Box of 10.2101 keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2325 - Main Eye Bushings
- 2 - 188.8.131.52 - .625OD X .437ID X 2.100L - Center Sleeves
- 8 - 2326 - Shackle Bushings
- 1 - 9.11101 - 1/2 OZ Formula 5 Grease Packet
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension HyperFlex Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Energy Suspension's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A leaf spring bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - MGB - 10.2101
- 5 Star (3)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 10.2101
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Bushings are holding up well!!verified_user Verified Buyer - Jack Jessen - . Energy Suspension 10.2101 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great "
Put the supplied grease on them & a little C-clamp pressure & I was done. Thanks for the speedy shipping. No problems installing them.verified_user Verified Buyer - Roy Haefs - . Energy Suspension 10.2101 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Good. "
The bushings fit well and installed easily.verified_user Verified Buyer - Wesley Dietz - . Energy Suspension 10.2101 - 5 out of 5
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane