unarchive In The Box of 16.1102 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 - 1033 - Transmission Mount Bushing, Near Shifter
- 2 - 2277 - Transmission Mount Bushing, at Transmission
- 1 - 184.108.40.206 - .750" X 8mm X 1.200" Metal Sleeve
- 1 - 9.11102 - 10 Gram Tube of Formula 5 Prelube
- 1 - 17161 - Installation Instructions
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Shifter Linkage Bushings | 1988-2000 Honda Civic
The shifter linkage bushing is a part that connects the shift cable and the transmission linkage on both of ends of the vehicle. These bushings fit vehicles like the Honda Civic, CRX, and del Sol. Whether these vehicles are used for daily commutes or you like to push them to their limits, the rubber factory shifter bushings on them wear out eventually, causing them to hollow out and fail. When they fail, the vehicles' shifting may be sluggish and unstable. However, the 16.1102 Shifter Linkage Bushings can be used to make the shifting more precise and easier to control.
What Happens When Old Bushings Fail?
The rubber bushings on vehicles like the 1988-2000 Honda Civic wear out over long periods of time or rough use. If you still have the original rubber bushings, they most likely need to be replaced. When driving around, the rubber bushings may be exposed to things that would deteriorate them, like road salts, debris, and overuse that can cause them to fail. If the bushing fails, the vehicle will go through symptoms like a grinding noise accompanied by bumping and clanking noises, which can be uncomfortable or distracting to the driver. Also, the vehicle’s shifter can start to get loose; making it difficult to shift gears, and could even get stuck from time-to-time. The old rubber bushings need to be replaced with something that is resilient and long-lasting.
The Benefits of These Bushings
These 16.1102 polyurethane Shifter Linkage Bushings are able to resist these issues and can improve the vehicle's performance. While it cannot absorb vibrations as well as rubber, it is stronger, tougher, and more secure than any rubber part. It can resist the normal wear that rubber parts are normally susceptible to. Another feature of this part is that the gear shift is easier to move and more precise in shifting gears. With these bushings, your gear shifter should feel more efficient, precise, and overall easier to control.
This 16.1102 Shifter Linkage Bushing is extremely helpful for replacing the old rubber bushings and making the vehicle's shifter tighter and more dependable, so pick up a set of these bushings as soon as you can!
Product Reviews for 16.1102 | Honda Civic Shifter Linkage Bushings - D Series Engines
- 5 Star (82)
- 4 Star (6)
- 3 Star (1)
- 2 Star (1)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 16.1102
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
They are still working perfect!verified_user Verified Buyer - Gustavo Grimaldo - . Energy Suspension 16.1102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
My bushings are still working great! It was an easy install as well.verified_user Verified Buyer - Alex Mullikin - . Energy Suspension 16.1102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
1 year later with daily driving (literally every day) my shifter bushings are still working as they did the day I put them in.verified_user Verified Buyer - Marcus Westbrook - . Energy Suspension 16.1102 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" ok "
ok.verified_user Verified Buyer - David Dorman - . Energy Suspension 16.1102 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What size sleeve do I need for part number 16.1102?
- For part number 16.1102, you would need a sleeve with the measurements of 1.2 inches long, .75 inches for the OD and a 5/16 inner diameter.
- Will the 16.1102 fit on my 99 Honda Civic DX 5 speed manual?
- The 16.1102 is fitted for the 99 Civic DX with the stock D series Engines.
- What is the best type of grease to use on these during install to decrease the likelihood of squeaking or drying out? I living in Arizona where it's very hot and very dry 80% of the year.
- Energy recommends their Formula 5 grease. It is made for Energy polyurethane bushings.