unarchive In The Box of 2.2120_rear keyboard_arrow_down
- 4 - 2224 - Rear Frame Shackle Bushing
- 2 - 15.10.02.39 (.750OD x .500ID x 3.085L)
- 1 - 9.11102 - 10 Grams Grease Package
- 1 - 17040 - Instructions for Spring Eye Bushing
- 1 - 17234 Instructions
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension HyperFlex Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Energy Suspension's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A leaf spring bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for 2.2120_rear | Rear Frame Shackle Bushings | Jeep Wrangler YJ 87-95
- 5 Star (2)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 2.2120_rear
starstarstarstarstar" They worked great fit well "
Worked great.verified_user Verified Buyer - Brandon Coe - . Energy Suspension 2.2120_rear - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Great quality "
Currently i am using these for engine isolaters on an 01 ZR2 with a 5.7L swap. They work great so far. I have used them for their prpper application before and they worked awesome on my YJ leafs. That jeep flexed out like a beast.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jennifer Lewis - . Energy Suspension 2.2120_rear - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- What are the measurments on this part?
- Here are the measurements for part number 2.2120_rear. OD 32.14mm Outer Tube Length 63.31mm Sleeve Length 78.68mm
- What is the difference between part number 2.2120_rear which is for aftermarket shackles and the stock replacement kit?
- The two kits will have different size bushings. If you have aftermarket shackles, our stock kit would not work.