unarchive In The Box of 4.2113 keyboard_arrow_down
- 12 - 2056 - Leaf Spring Bushing Halves - ( O.D. - 1.13. - I.D. - .74. - Length - 1.12)
- 6 - Center Metal Sleeves
- 2 - 911108 Formula 5 Prelube
- 1 - Installation Instructions - #17040
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension HyperFlex Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Vehicles with a leaf spring and shackle set up lean heavily on the springs to take the shock out of a bump. Not only does a leaf spring reduce the force of a bump that you feel, but it also evenly distributes the load across the chassis instead of the whole load pressing down on one point. Your ability to get to point A to point B without scraping the pavement is heavily dependent on the leaf spring and shackle bushings which mount the spring to the frame. Energy Suspension's Hyperflex polyurethane is a stronger material for the mounting points of a leaf spring and shackle. Polyurethane leaf spring bushings are able to handle the stress from the suspension and are not vulnerable to road grime. With Energy Suspension's polyurethane, you can protect your vehicle's ability to carry a load, and your bumpy free ride, for years to come.
Replacing the Faulty Rubber
O.E. leaf spring and shackles utilize a soft rubber bushing to mount the spring to the frame. The rubber is great for reducing the noise and vibrations from being transferred into the cab. Unfortunately, rubber bushings have a short lifespan. Once the rubber fails, due to wear and tear or road grime, a leaf spring's effectiveness is severely reduced. Meaning you will experience a very bumpy ride, the vehicle's ability to carry a load or tow is hindered greatly and you'll experience a loss of control.
Be sure to use Formula 5
A leaf spring bushing rotates a lot against the metal shell, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
Product Reviews for Rear Leaf Spring Bushings - Ford F100 Pickup - 4.2113
- 5 Star (4)
- 4 Star (0)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 4.2113
starstarstarstarstar" Good bushings "
Just installed, the fit was perfect.verified_user Verified Buyer - Terry Rogers - . Energy Suspension 4.2113 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
Fit and work perfectly. Very tight fit.verified_user Verified Buyer - Neil Scott - . Energy Suspension 4.2113 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good direct fit into my original springs. "
I wanted to reuse my original springs as they were "softer" than new ones. This will be a street truck and not see much loading, plus I wanted the truck lower than stock. With the original bushings blown out from farm use, my only solution was to replace the bushings. This kit was just what I needed.verified_user Verified Buyer - Jerome Lehman - . Energy Suspension 4.2113 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" A+ - perfect fit "
Installed the Rear Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings last night! Easy install and a perfect fit! I used black to match the front bushings and it looks awesome! 1958 Ford F100, Check out the project at www.greatamericancustoms.com or on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Great-American-Rods-Customsverified_user Verified Buyer - Tom P - . Energy Suspension 4.2113 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- I purchased the 4.2113r kit from Orielys Auto Parts when I opened the package to install the bushings and noticed there are 11 red 2056 bushings and one red 2084 bushing. The 2056 are the correct ones, however the 2084 is not. How can this be corrected?
- You will need to get with your original dealer to get this issue fixed. We being an authorized dealer of Energy do sell by just the piece and can sell just a single 2056 bushing for you. Just give us a call at 888-406-2330 or press the live chat butt ton on this page. ...see more
- What are the dimensions of the bushings in the 4.2113 kit?
- Leaf Spring Bushing Halves - ( O.D. - 1.13. - I.D. - .74. - Length - 1.12)
- What is the OD and ID of part number 4.2113?
- Part number 4.2113 has an OD of 1.13 inches and an ID of .74 inches.