unarchive In The Box of 8.5141 keyboard_arrow_down
- 2 of 05P06032 - Sway Bar Bushing - 26mm
- 4 of 8326 - Grommet -ID=.36in(9mm)OD=1.1in(28.95mm)Height=.67in(17.14mm)
- 1 of Grease
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
8.5141 | Front Sway Bar Bushing - 26mm | Toyota 4Runner 96-09
26mm Front Sway Bar Bushings 1996-2009 4Runner 2/4WD + GX470 2003-2009
Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings from Energy Suspension will replace the soft rubber bushings on your 96-09 4Runner or 03-09 Lexus GX470, reducing body roll and providing more traction during a turn.
Body Roll and Traction
The front sway bar in your 4Runner basically connects your front wheels so that both tires stay connected to the road during a hard turn by reducing body roll and maintaining tire to road contact. The lever action that accomplishes this depends on the bar being held in place by two bushings attaching it to the frame. The original bushings on your 4Runner are made of rubber which honestly isn't the best material for the job.
Rubber bushings are used in the factory because they are cheap and reduce noise and vibration between the frame and body, but for sway bar bushings this isn't a concern. The bushings do not directly connect the frame and the body so NVH transfer is not something you will feel in the driver's seat.
A Better Option
These 26mm front sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension are made of polyurethane, which is a more durable, long-lasting material than rubber. Here in Stephenville, TX folks love vehicles that can be driven to work during the week and out to the deer lease on the weekend and polyurethane sway bar bushings give you better turning traction and will outlive rubber bushings in a roughly used 4Runner. This kit will also replace the rubber grommets in your 4Runner's endlinks with polyurethane bushings, giving you the same advantages in durability and longevity as the sway bar bushings.
Heat, road grime, and motor oil can degrade rubber bushings until they can't hold that bar securely anymore, which means body roll and traction loss in a hard turn. Without the draw-back of vibration making the ride a little more harsh there isn't really a good reason not to run polyurethane sway bar bushings in your 4Runner.
If you like to take your 4Runner out and hit the trails every weekend then those original rubber bushings are going to wear out faster than they usually would. With regular maintenance a 4Runner can easily clock a quarter of a million miles and keep going so having suspension bushings that will last is important. Energy Suspension offers the rear sway bar bushings that will give you the body roll reduction and increased rear turning traction that the front bushings give.
If you want increased handling throughout your 4Runner then you might take a look at a Complete Bushing Replacement Kit for...
These kits will trade out all of the rubber bushings for polyurethane bushings that should last the life of your 4Runner, and that's backed up by our DST exclusive lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews for 8.5141 | Front Sway Bar Bushing - 26mm | Toyota 4Runner 96-09
- 5 Star (5)
- 4 Star (1)
- 3 Star (0)
- 2 Star (0)
- 1 Star (0)
Energy Suspension 8.5141
starstarstarstarstar" Review 1 Year Later "
The part is still working fantastic and providing the quality ride I expected. The quality of the product is superb, if and when the part ever needs replacement, I know where to come !!!!verified_user Verified Buyer - Jeffery Carter - . Energy Suspension 8.5141 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Review 2 Years Later "
Perfect fit and easy installation. They are holding up well and performing as advertised. Highly recommend.verified_user Verified Buyer - Greg Smith - . Energy Suspension 8.5141 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" 2 Thumbs up "
Great product, truck rides so much better now.verified_user Verified Buyer - Tom Lor - . Energy Suspension 8.5141 - 5 out of 5
starstarstarstarstar" Very good "
I installed them on my Toyota Prado 90, very good, easy installation, my truck is very stable now.verified_user Verified Buyer - Enzo Lamia - . Energy Suspension 8.5141 - 5 out of 5
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Are these sliced to go onto the sway bar?
- Yes, part number 8.5141 do have a split in them to install.
- Will I need to purchase two kits of part number 8.5141?
- Only one set is needed for the sway bar.
- How many endlink bushings come in the 8.5141?
- The 8.5141 will have 4 endlink grommets included.
- Does this come with 2 or 4 sway bar bushings? I do believe there should be 3 bushings total per side when you include the D-shaped end link bushing?
- Everything you need is in the kit and the D shaped bushings are the actual sway bar bushings.
- Does this kit contain also end link bushings? or only sway bar bushings ?
- This kit contains the bushings for one side of the end links and sway bar bushings for a 24mm bar.