unarchive In The Box of 4.1138 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of 01P01335 Transmission Insert
- 1 of 01P01338 Insert Retainer
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Transmission Mount Insert - Ford Mustang - 4.1138
Energy Suspension's 4.1138
Mustang Missing Shifts?
Ford Mustangs are a blast to drive, normally. However, recent manual-transmission models have begun to steer some people away from the Mustang. Numerous complaints about the Mustang's annoying, and dangerous, habit of missing shifts between first-second and third-fourth led to the creation of Energy Suspension's 4.1138. The OE transmission mounts installed on the Mustang is the reason behind these skipped shifts. Poorly designed with an excessive number of voids, this transmission mount is prone to flexing, letting your transmission move laterally. Once this happens, your vehicle is no longer aligned properly, resulting in missed shifts.
Under normal circumstances, some flex is favorable in a transmission mount to reduce road noise and vibrations. But the OE mount takes it just a bit too far. Designed to fit smoothly and easily into the worst of the voids, Energy Suspension's 4.1138 transmission mount insert will greatly improve your Mustang's shifting performance after just one easy install.
The 4.1138 is for Ford Mustangs equipped with the MT82 transmission. This means the 4.1138 will NOT work for the GT500. The easiest way to make sure your Mustang has the MT82 transmission is to get your VIN and call your local Ford dealer, they'll be able to tell you what transmission you have. As usual, Energy covers the 4.1138 with a two-year warranty handled in house for our customers here at DST.
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- Does part number 4.1138 need to be greased before installation?
- No, part number 4.1138 does not have to be greased before installation.
- The 4.1138 is a transmission mount insert, but do you offer a Motor mount or a motor mount inserts for the 2012 Mustang?
- Unfortunately we do not offer a motor mount or motor mount insert that is fitted for your 2012 Mustang.