unarchive In The Box of 4.1140 keyboard_arrow_down
- 1 of 01P01335 - Transmission Mount Insert
- 1 of 01P01338 - Insert Retainer
- 1 of 1276 - Shifter Bushing
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
shuffle Cross References 1keyboard_arrow_down
Energy Suspension's 4.1140
Popular Doesn't Mean Perfect
The Ford Mustang is an incredibly popular car, easily found anywhere in the United States. However, in recent years the Mustang has been plagued with some major shifting problems. Manual transmission users have reported the Mustang's shifter feels notchy or inaccurate and that the car will sometimes completely miss the shifts between the first to second and third to fourth gears. In response to these reports, Energy Suspension created a solution.
Restoring Your Shifts
This is Energy Suspension's 4.1140, a shifter bushing and transmission mount insert made of solid polyurethane, designed specifically for Ford Mustangs. The OE shifter bushing on the Ford Mustang is made of soft rubber. Due to this material's soft nature, the bushing doesn't offer much resistance, which results in a sloppy and inaccurate shifter. This rubber is also prone to warping and cracking over time, leading to that "notchy" feel. With Energy Suspension's 4.1140 that soft rubber is replaced by sturdy polyurethane, eliminating that "notchy" feel and making your shifter solid and accurate once again.
Easy Install and Dependable Coverage
The Mustang's skipped shifts are caused by the OE transmission mount. Poorly designed with an excessive number of voids, this transmission mount is prone to flexing, letting your transmission move side-to-side. Once this happens, your vehicle is no longer aligned properly, resulting in missed shifts. Designed to fit smoothly and easily into the worst of the OE mount's voids, Energy Suspension's transmission mount insert will greatly improve your Mustang's shifting performance after just one easy install. To top it all off, the 4.1140 is covered by Energy's two-year warranty, handled in-house for our customers here at DST.
compare_arrows Compare with Similar Parts
- This part
- Bushing Material: Polyurethane