add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Information keyboard_arrow_down
- Energy Suspension warrants its products against defects in workmanship and material for 24 months when used on passenger cars and light trucks. Products that have been abused, altered, or incorrectly installed are not covered. Energy Suspension will replace defective products or component parts, if inspection for factory personnel determines the part to be defective. Warranty replacement covers only the product. Labor claims, time loss, or freight charges will not be honored.
Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, which is a much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long lasting part on your sway bar with Energy Suspension's sway bar bushings. Energy Suspension's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.
Be sure to use Formula 5
The sway bar bushing sees a lot of action, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.
question_answer Customer Questions and Answers
- How do I know what bushing I will need to get from the drop down list?
- First you will need to know your sway bar diameter to pick the correct bushing, then you will need to click the
- Which part number from the option list will fit on a 1-1/8
- From the drop down list you will want part number 9.5164 or 9.5170 for the greaseable options. The standard bushing and bracket would be 9.5112 for the 1-1/8
- From the frontsbb, which part number do I need to order for my 1 inch sway bar?
- You need part number 9.5161 for the 1 inch sway bar.